This Saturday, October 26th, Volunteer Outreach is hosting an event to assist Operation Gratitude, an organization that sends donated items and paracord bracelets as care packages to our overseas troops. We will be traveling to their armory in Van Nuys to join other volunteers in helping to assemble care packages, which is a labor-intensive job of censoring, creating, and sorting. The shifts are either 9 AM-12 PM or 1 PM-4 PM. Non-members are welcome to go since we won't be interacting with patients, but a $5 gas fee will be required for rides (members are covered already).
Operation Gratitude is located at the California Army National Guard Armory, 17330 Victory Boulevard, Van Nuys, CA 91406 at the corner of Victory and Louise (about a 20 minute drive north on the 405).
There are important rules to follow at the armory. They are as follows:
1. Only go where you have been given permission.
2. No food or drinks on the drill floor.
3. Dress casually for working and wear closed-toe shoes (wear your Operation Mend shirt if you have one!).
4. Leave purses and valuables in the car.
5. Refrain from texting or calling people while working.
6. Make sure you sign and turn in a release form, which will be provided by Emily. Also, keep your name tag on because it identifies you as a volunteer.
Click here to read the complete Operation Gratitude rules and to review the release form.
Participating in Operation Gratitude is a great gesture to remind our troops that they are not forgotten out there. Let's go and show our support! If you plan on attending, please fill out all fields on the Google sign-up sheet.
For any questions or concerns regarding this event, contact Emily Dennis, our Volunteer Outreach Chair (626-494-5718 / email@example.com).
This page will announce events held by OMUA. If you have questions regarding an upcoming event, please email us or contact the specified host. Don't forget to subscribe to our mailing list for important updates and events! The form to do so is located on the Membership page.